Training Programs :: No Boundaries 5K Training Program
No Boundaries — 5K Training — Spring 2017
Who says getting started with walking or running as a lifestyle can't be fun? The CES professional coaches will help you run or walk faster and farther, learn and feel better about yourself and get you in fantastic shape. And didn't we mention fun? You'll meet great people that are on a similar journey, and feel the support and motivation that comes from friends & fellow participants. We take an individual approach to understanding YOUR goals and definition of achievement, then coach you every step of the way.
We've created a custom, 8-Week Training Program for the 5K distance designed to teach you how to start (and stick with) a successful walking or running program. No experience necessary. If you're thinking, "I've never run before — is this program for me?", then we want you. If you can walk, you can join our program. If life got so hectic that fitness took a back seat to other circumstances and want to return to a healthy lifestyle, this is a great first step towards not only the old you, but a brand new you. We'll celebrate your achievements by participating in one of our target goal races:
*Race entry discounts will be available!
Open House Fun Run/Info Meetings
Join us for one of our informal fun walk/runs & Open Houses! You'll able to meet our coaches, ask questions (and get answers!) and have fun with a no-pressure walk/run and yummy treats. We encourage you to bring a friend, co-worker or family member with you too! The more support you have, the better!
Choose the location and date that works best for you, then RSVP at the link below:
- Old Town — Saturday, Feb. 18 at 7:30am
- Elmhurst — Saturday, Feb. 25 at 7:30am
- South Loop — Saturday, Feb. 25 at 7:30am
- Lincoln Square — Sunday, Feb. 26 at 7:30am
Follow the links below to find out about this innovative, enjoyable, and successful program!
- Open House Fun Run/Info Meeting
- Program Benefits
- Training Days & Locations
- Clinics & Seminars
- All Group Run on the Goal race course and Race Day Experience
- Coaching Staff
- How to Register
Not only do you get to have a great time, but you also get loads of cool stuff too:
- Professional, experienced (and nice!) coaches (more details)
- Personalized, daily training schedule for all levels
- Weekly newsletter with tips on training & program updates
- Q & A at all training sessions with our coaches
- Coached group training (twice/week)—your choice of FOUR Fleet Feet Sports locations! (see below for details...)
- Custom, performance running shirt
- Exclusive CES Team Tent on race day
- Discounted Race Entry Fees available
- Discounts/promotions from our partners:
- Educational seminars & clinics (more info below)
- Exciting team social activities with your fellow participants
- and much more!
No Boundaries training is available at FOUR Chicago-area Fleet Feet Sports stores:
- Tuesdays (6:30pm) and Saturdays (8:00am):
- SOUTH LOOP (150 W. Roosevelt Rd., Chicago)
- Wednesdays (6:30pm) and Saturdays (8:00am)
- OLD TOWN (1620 N. Wells St., Chicago)
- ELMHURST (124 Schiller Street, Elmhurst)
- Thursdays (6:30pm) and Sundays (8:00am)
- LINCOLN SQUARE (4762 N. Lincoln)
Your membership includes TWO, coached group workouts/week (one weeknight and one weekend). Pick the day and location that works best for you. If you can't make it to your regular location, you can join a group at another store and day. Feel free to visit another location if you're curious to see a different route and people.
FIRST GROUP TRAINING SESSIONS:
Tuesday, February 28th (South Loop)
Wednesday, March 1st (Old Town or Elmhurst)
Thursday, March 2nd (Lincoln Square)
For more detail on what happens at those sessions, read below...
Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays — 6:30pm;
(we'll meet at the store, then head out for our run)
These mid-week runs will focus on learning, improving your efficiency and form, strengthening and speed play. Our Coaching staff and Mentors will be present to help teach, challenge and motivation you. We'll start each session with a brief educational clinic/session to help you learn what you need for a successful running experience. Then we'll head out for an energizing workout.
Saturdays/Sundays — 8:00am;
(we'll meet at the store, then head out for our run)
These workouts are reserved for longer, slow distance runs so important to the success of endurance runners. CES Alumni "Mentors" will run with the group to help you learn how to run at an appropriate pace, as well as provide support and motivation from their own personal running experiences. Our coaches also run with the group for motivational assistance with any concerns or questions that may arise during the run.
BONUS: Restrooms, changing rooms, secure gear storage and water are available at all of our group training sessions!
If you want to attain your goals, you need to do more than put in the miles. Our expert speakers present clinics on a variety of topics including (but not limited to):
- Training Tips
- Running Shoes & Apparel
- Nutrition and Weight Loss
- Core Strength and Flexibility for Runners
- Yoga for Runners
- Tips for a successful race
- Sport Watch 101
- ...and more!
All Group Preview Run on the Goal Race courses and Race Day Experience
Discover another feature that sets the NOBO training experience with CES apart from other training programs out there. Finish your training with an All Group Run — Ravenswood or Good Life Race Preview — meet the other participants, mentors and coaches from the other locations for a supported long run that previews the goal 5K course. Finish with post-run refreshments, coaches tips and celebrate training together with everyone! On race day, get the most from your goal race with the CES Race Day Tent at your 5K. We'll have a secure place for your personal gear, meet up with your fellow program participants before the start, enjoy post-race refreshments and recovery tools/stretching as you relive your effort and success. With the CES No Boundaries program, the experience is much more than the training and the race. We become a family!
We're extremely proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff — they go the extra mile to make sure you have a successful training season and attain your goals! Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your running form
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to unforeseen circumstances
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe & effective manner
For more information on our coaches, click here.
Online registration is available at mindbodyonline.com by clicking on the link below:
|Group Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
|5k Group Training||$99||$119|
|Virtual Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
|5k Virtual Training||$59||$79|
Please note: Race entry fees are NOT included in the training program fees, unless otherwise specified.
No refunds will be provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program begins. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com or call 866-237-7861 for more information.