Training Programs :: Master Swim Classes
Master Swim Classes — Winter 2018
Do you want to participate in your first triathlon but don't feel confident with the swim? Already tried one, but want to improve your swimming technique, speed and/or endurance? Are you tired of having to hang on the wall every length? Would you like to become more efficient and finally enjoy swimming? Let the coaches from CES help you! We will teach you efficient swimming techniques, challenge you with great workouts and send you home with a new perspective on triathlon swimming.
- Limited Space Available
- Class Descriptions and Requirements
- Training Days & Locations
- Experienced Coaches
- How to Register
Limited Space Available
In order to maintain the high quality that CES is known for (and which participants expect of CES), this program has a limited amount of spots.
INTRO TO MASTER SWIM
Not quite ready for Master Swim, but looking for more than just technique work? This class is a great way to transition to a more fitness based class, without overwhelming you with new terminology and intense training. We'll spend time teaching you the basics of interval training in the pool, blending in technique work alongside the group workouts. You should be able to swim a minimum of four (4) lengths of the pool without stopping. Notice we didn't say how FAST you had to do it! That's why you're taking the class, right?
This program is open to all adult swimmers (fitness, triathlete, competitive, non-competitive) who are dedicated to improving their fitness through swimming. One of the greatest benefits of Masters swimming is to be able to practice with an organized group. Our coaches will challenge you with structured workouts, designed to improve your endurance, strength, speed and power in the water. You should be able to swim a minimum of eight (8) or more lengths of the pool without stopping. Notice we didn't say how FAST you had to do it!
Both Classes are 75 minutes/class.
*** Due to UIC facility scheduling (Holiday/Break hours), the class start times will vary throughout the season:
INTRO TO MASTER SWIM: Winter 2018
MONDAY evenings — January 8 through March 19 (11-weeks)
- Week 1 (1/8): class time will be 6:45-8:00pm (Winter Break)
- Week 2 (1/15): class time will be 6:45-7:45pm (MLK Holiday Hours)
- Weeks 3-11 (1/22 through 3/19): class time will be 7:45-9:00pm
MASTER SWIM: Winter 2018
TUESDAY evenings — January 9 through March 20 (11-weeks)
- Week 1 (1/9): class time will be 6:45-8:00pm (Winter Break)
- Weeks 2-11 (1/16 through 3/20): class time will be 7:45-9:00pm
UIC Sport & Fitness Center
828 S. Wolcott
Chicago, IL 60612
(see map here)
What do I need to bring?
The following is provided by UIC:
- Full use of bathroom facilities and locker rooms. Please note that we do NOT have access to the rest of the facilities!
- Shower amenities: shampoo, conditioner and body wash.
- Swim caps will be provided by CES.
So, you just need to remember to bring:
- swim suit
- Swim caps (for long hair)
- lock for a locker
- an open mind!
PayBox parking is available on the surrounding streets. Public transportation is also a great way to get to/from the pool.
Our Coaching Staff
Craig Strong & Daphne Glover
We're extremely proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff—they always go the extra mile to make sure you have a fun, successful training season! Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your form & technique
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to travel or life in general
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe & effective manner
Click here for more information on our awesome coaches!
|CES Alumni||New Members|
|Winter 2018 (11 weeks)||$175||$185|
New CES'ers, good news! Once you participate in ANY CES program, you are a CES alumni for life and will save $$ on future programs!
No refunds will be provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program begins. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com for more information.