Training Programs :: No Boundaries 5k/10k Training
No Boundaries — 5k & 10k Training — Fall 2016
Who says training and discovering the athlete hidden inside of you can't be fun? The CES professional coaches will help you run or walk faster and farther, feel better about yourself, get you in fantastic shape while having an enjoyable and great time doing it. We take an individual approach to understanding YOUR goals and definition of achievement, then coach you every step of the way.
Our Featured Goal Races
- Frank Lloyd Wright 5K or 10K (10/23/16)
- Hot Chocolate 5K (10/30/16)
- Your Local Turkey Trot (11/24/16)
(Discounted entries available at select races)
Our coached, supported 12-Week programs are designed to teach you how to start (and stick with) a successful walking or running program. No experience necessary. If you're thinking, "I've never run before — is this program for me?", then we want you. If you can walk, you can join our program. If life got so hectic that fitness took a back seat to other circumstances and want to return to a healthy lifestyle, this is a great first step towards not only the old you, but a brand new you. We'll celebrate your achievements by participating in one (or more) of our featured goal races! (12-week program: 8/29/16 through 11/24/16)
Pre-Season Fun Runs
Chicago Endurance Sports will host several FREE fun run events, leading up to the start of the program. Attendees have the opportunity to join in an optional short run or walk with the CES No Boundaries Coaches & Mentors, meet and converse with CES Coaches, and register for training programs. We'll also have a raffle and some snacks and beverages (because who doesn't like raffles, snacks and beverages??)
- Elmhurst "Frozen Hot Chocolate" Fun Run: Wednesday, August 10th
- Lakeview "Gear Up Night" Tuesday, August 16th
- Lincoln Square Fun Run: Saturday, August 20th
- Additional Fun Run information & RSVP's coming soon!
Follow the links below to find out about this innovative, enjoyable, and successful program!
- Program Benefits
- Training Days & Locations
- Clinics & Seminars
- Coaching Staff
- How to Register
Not only do you get to have a great time, but you also get loads of cool stuff too:
- Professional, experienced (and nice!) coaches (more details)
- Personalized, daily training schedule for all levels
- Weekly newsletter with tips on training & program updates
- Q & A at all training sessions with our coaches
- 12-Weeks of Coached group training (twice/week) — your choice of SEVERAL Fleet Feet Sports locations!
- Friendly, supportive Alumni Mentors to guide you from personal experience
- Custom, performance running shirt
- Exclusive CES Team Tent on race day (at select races)
- Discounted Race Entry Fees available (for select races)
- Discounts/promotions from our partners:
- Educational seminars & clinics (more info below)
- Exciting team social activities with your fellow participants
- and much more!
No Boundaries training is available at SEVERAL Chicago-area Fleet Feet Sports stores:
- LINCOLN SQUARE: Thursdays 6:30pm and Sundays 7:30am (4762 N. Lincoln, Chicago)
- OLD TOWN: Wednesdays 6:30pm and Sundays 7:30am (1620 N. Wells St., Chicago)
- LAKEVIEW: Tuesdays 6:30pm and Saturdays 7:30am (3359 North Southport Avenue, Chicago)
- SOUTH LOOP: Tuesdays 6:30pm and Saturdays 7:30am (150 West Roosevelt Road, Chicago)
- ELMHURST: Wednesdays 6:30pm and Saturdays 7:30am (124 Schiller Street, Elmhurst)
Pick the day and location that works best for you. If you can't make it to your regular location, you can join a group at another store and day. Feel free to visit another location if you're curious to see a different route and people.
FIRST GROUP TRAINING SESSIONS:
Lincoln Square: Thursday, September 1st at 6:30pm
Old Town: Wednesday, August 31st at 6:30pm
Lakeview: Tuesday, August 30th at 6:30pm
South Loop: Tuesday, August 30th at 6:30pm
Elmhurst: Wednesday, August 31st at 6:30pm
For more detail on what happens at those sessions, read below...
Weeknights — 6:30pm;
(we'll meet at the store, then head out for our run)
These mid-week runs will focus on learning, improving your efficiency and form, strengthening and speed play. Our Coaching staff and Mentors will be present to help teach, challenge and motivation you. We'll start each session with a brief educational clinic/session to help you learn what you need for a successful running experience. Then we'll head out for an energizing workout.
Saturdays/Sundays — 7:30am;
(we'll meet at the store, then head out for our run)
These workouts are reserved for longer, slow distance runs so important to the success of endurance runners. CES Alumni "Mentors" will run with the group to help you learn how to run at an appropriate pace, as well as provide support and motivation from their own personal running experiences. Our coaches also run with the group for motivational assistance with any concerns or questions that may arise during the run.
BONUS: Restrooms, changing rooms, secure gear storage and water are available at all of our group training sessions!
If you want to attain your goals, you need to do more than put in the miles. Our expert speakers & coaches present clinics on a variety of topics including (but not limited to):
- Training Tips
- Running Shoes & Apparel
- Nutrition for Sport & Life
- Core Strength and Flexibility for Runners
- Cross Training for Runners
- Tips for a successful race
- Sport Watch 101
- ...and more!
We're extremely proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff — they go the extra mile to make sure you have a successful training season and attain your goals! Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your running form
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to unforeseen circumstances
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe & effective manner
For more information on our coaches, click here.
Online registration is available by clicking on the link below:
|Group Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
|5k or 10k Group Training||$109||$129|
|Virtual Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
|5k or 10k Virtual Training||$59||$79|
Please note: If you purchase the Training & Race Bundle, you will still need to register directly with the race. You will receive a unique registration code and instructions in order to do so.
No refunds will be provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program begins. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com or call 866-237-7861 for more information.