Training Programs :: Summer/Fall Half Marathon Training 2016
Summer/Fall Half Marathon Training 2016
Half Marathon? More like a FULL 13.1 miles!
Join our comprehensive, 15-week+ training programs that will prepare you for a late summer or fall half marathon. No matter what your experience level is, our coaches will guide you with challenging, effective and smart training! Get motivated, meet some great people, have fun and get in shape all at the same time!
CES is so much more than "JUST" another training program: it’s a community, a family and a lifestyle. Join us!
Our goal races for this season are based on the location you'll be training:
Chicago (training at Fleet Feet Sports — Old Town)
- RunMagMile — September 10th
This group will be training for a full 15-weeks over the summer, preparing for the ONLY race to run along The Magnificent Mile!
Elmhurst (training at Fleet Feet Sports — Elmhurst)
- Oak Brook Half — September 5th
This group will have two options, but both will begin at the same time. The first group will train together for 14 weeks to prepare for a Labor Day classic.
- Naperville Half — October 23rd
"Late Summer EXTENDED Option" Looking for an extended option? This group will also train for the Oak Brook race, but will continue on for another 5+ weeks (20-weeks total), through the rest of the fall, targeting the super popular local event
Train for ANY Fall Half Marathon:
Not planning to run one of the races listed above? No problem! The CES coaches can help modify your training schedule to fit another fall half marathon within a week or two of our goal races. You can still do your long runs with the group. You don't have to do it alone!
Registration fills up fast, so join today!
Follow the links below to find out about this innovative, fun, successful program!
- Limited Space Available
- Program Benefits
- CES Half Marathon Training Fun Run / Open Houses
- CES Fall Half Marathon Training New Member Orientation
- Training Days and Locations
- Group Sessions
- Pace Groups for All Levels
- Clinics & Seminars
- Coaching Staff
- Virtual Training Option
- How to Register
In order to maintain the high quality that CES is known for (and which participants expect of CES), this program has a limited number of registrations available. This popular program will likely SELL OUT — don't miss your chance — register today!
Half & Full Marathon Fun Runs/Open Houses
Join us for a fun run - have a good time on the path, and get to know what CES and our half/full Marathon training programs are all about. Meet our coaches, pacers and fellow athletes - we know you’ll love them as much as we do! Get all your questions answered, and then get registered for training this summer!
Note: Elmhurst event is also intended for beginning runners interested in our No Boundaries 5k/10k program!
Wednesday, May 18th — 6:30-8:00pm
Fleet Feet Sports, Elmhurst (124 E. Schiller St., Elmhurst)
Saturday, May 21st — 7:30-9:30am
Fleet Feet Sports, Old Town (1620 N. Wells St., Chicago)
Not only do you get to have a lot of fun, but you also get a ton of great stuff too! Check it out:
- Professional, experienced (and nice!) coaches (more details)
- Personalized, daily training schedule for all levels — delivered via FREE Training Peaks account
- Performance running singlet from Nike to the first 200 registrants
- Running and Run-Walk training programs and pace groups (more details)
- Weekly newsletter with tips on training & program updates
- Weekly tips for training & Q & A at all training sessions with our coaches
- Coached group training—2X per week
- (See below for details)
- Pace Leaders for multiple paces and distances
- Post-workout stretching with pacers & coaches
- Fun socials and parties with your teammates throughout the season
- CES & Fleet Feet Sports race day Hospitality Tent
- Restrooms, changing rooms, secure gear storage and water are available at all of our group training sessions!
- Smart ID shoe tag for emergency info
- Sponsor Benefits:
Discounts/promotions from our partners:
- Educational seminars & clinics (more info below)
- and much more!
*In order to reduce congestion at the start of our group runs on Saturdays at Old Town, we will be staggering the start times:
- Run/Walkers will start at 6:00am
- Runners will start at 6:30am
CES Fall Half Marathon Training New Member Orientation
CES will present all of the information and inspiration a new member needs after our first workout on June 4th. The program will explain TrainingPeaks, our coaching philosophies, how to contact coaches, and the common habits of our most successful participants.
Training Days and Locations
Our Half Marathon Training program is available out of the two locations:
- Fleet Feet Sports — Old Town (1620 N. Wells Street, Chicago)
- Wednesday, 6:30pm
- Saturday, 6:00am (run/walk), 6:30am (run)
- Fleet Feet Sports — Elmhurst (124 East Schiller St.)
- Tuesday, 6:30pm
- Saturday, 6:30am
Hosting our training at Fleet Feet Sports is like having our own "clubhouse". We always have a dry, warm (or cool), place to start & finish, a safe place to store some gear during the runs, experts from Fleet Feet on hand before and after the runs, and plenty of nearby places to have coffee or breakfast with your running buddies after the long runs!
FIRST GROUP TRAINING SESSION
Old Town or Elmhurst: Saturday, June 4th, 2016
For a little more detail on what happens at those sessions, read on...
Mid-Week Group Sessions — we'll meet at the store, then head out for our run
The focus of these mid-week runs will be on form, strength and speed. Our coaching staff will be on hand to help teach, challenge and motivate you!
Saturdays — we'll meet at the store, then head out for our run
These days are reserved for the long, slow distance runs that are so important to the success of endurance runners. Pace Leaders are available to guide you at the appropriate pace. Our coaches will also run with you to motivate you and help with any concerns or questions that come up along the way.
BONUS: Restrooms, changing rooms, secure gear storage and water are available at all of our group training sessions!
We have pace leaders for all levels of Run and Run-Walkers:
- Groups from 8:00/8:30 to 11:30 minutes per mile, in 30-second increments (i.e. 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, etc.)
Note: If you are interested in becoming a pacer, or know of someone who might be interested, please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
If you truly want to reach your goals, you need to do more than just put in the miles! Our expert speakers will present clinics on a variety of topics including:
- Good Form Running — become a faster, more efficient runner — with less effort!
- Tools & Gadgets for Endurance Runners (GPS, Heart Rate monitors, iPhone apps, etc.)
- Helpful Recovery tools & techniques
- Tricks for Speedy Long Run Recovery
- Core & Strength Training
- Injury Prevention & Flexibility
- Food as Fuel: Sports Nutrition
- Mental Skills Training
- Comprehensive Race Prep
We're extremely proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff—they always go the extra mile to make sure you have a fun, successful training season! Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your running form
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to travel or life in general
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe & effective manner
Click here for more information or to reach out to any of our awesome coaches!
New for 2016: Now includes team shirt! (shipping not included)
Do you live too far away and can't make it to the group workouts? Can't make it to any of the Group training sessions because of conflicts?
No problem! Try our Virtual Training option and you'll receive your daily training schedule and coaching support online (via Training Peaks), access to race day hospitality tent, as well as the weekly email newsletter with coaching tips, race updates and more. The virtual program is a great way to train on your own with virtual support from a helpful team of coaches.
Online registration is available by clicking on the link below:
|Group Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
|15 Weeks (Summer Half)||$194||$214|
|20 Weeks - Elmhurst Only (Summer & Fall Half)||$219||$244|
|Virtual Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
|15 Weeks (Summer Half)||$79||$89|
|20 Weeks (Summer & Fall Half)||$89||$99|
New CES'ers, good news! Once you participate in ANY CES program, you are a CES alumni for life and will save $$ on future programs!
No refunds will be provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program begins. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com or call 866-237-7861 for more information.