Training Programs: Spring Training Program
5K, 10K, 10-Mile & Half Marathon Training Program
Are you targeting a spring race, or looking to build a solid base and break free from winter? Spring Training is your answer. With 5k, 10k and 10-mile/half marathon options, Spring Training brings you coach-based training with top of line amenities and world class races along the way.
- Old Town, Elmhurst & South Loop: Saturday, March 2nd
- Lincoln Square: Sunday, March 3rd
Restrooms, changing rooms, secure gear storage and water are available at all of our group training sessions.
NEW FOR 2019: Strength Training with Orangetheory Fitness - Over $150 Savings!
Spring is the time to build a strong foundation, so you are ready to take on the training required for reaching new running goals. We believe STRONGLY in the benefits of a COMPLETE training program, and that includes strength & stability through cross-training and functional strength training. Just like CES does for your running workouts, Orangetheory Fitness coaches guide you through an amazing, personalized workout to make sure you get the most out of your time and effort. Improve your core strength, stability and power. You'll be able to train harder, race faster and stay healthier this summer.Take advantage of the following opportunities - over $150 savings!!
- FREE introductory class at Orangetheory Fitness ($30 value)
- EXCLUSIVE, discounted membership rates (1/week or 2/week options)
- FREE Heart Rate monitor ($76 value)
- EXCLUSIVE, CES-Only class each month for athletes that register for one of the OTF membership options ($30 value)
- CLICK HERE for full details, including discounted rates
Group Training (10-mile, Half Marathon or 10K - 12 weeks)(Does NOT INCLUDE Race Entry)
Group Training (5K - 9 weeks)(Does NOT INCLUDE Race Entry)
Virtual Training ONLY (All distances)(Does NOT INCLUDE Race Entry)
*Race registration processing fees are included into the price with these options.
Please note: Unless otherwise stated, race entry fees are NOT included with the training program fees — you are responsible for race registration and all fees that apply to that registration.
*No refunds will be provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program begins. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Ideal Target Races
Celebrate your newly-earned fitness! You don't need to do a race to benefit from the Spring Training Program, but the following races fit the schedule:
- Ravenswood Run 5K (April 28) - CES SUPPORTED RACE
- Chicago Spring Half Marathon or 10K (May 19) - CES SUPPORTED RACE
- Part of the Chicagoland Half Marathon Series!
- Soldier Field 10 Mile (May 25) - CES SUPPORTED RACE
- Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K (March 24)
- North Shore Classic Half Marathon (June 2)
- Madtown Half Marathon (Madison, WI: May 26)
A team of more than 30 Chicago Endurance Sports (CES) coaches with years of experience give participants hands-on guidance through a customized 9-week (5K) or 12-week (10K or 10-mile/Half Marathon) training program featuring group runs twice a week. They always go the extra mile to make sure you have a fun, successful training season! Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your running form
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to travel or life in general
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe & effective manner
We all need a little help from our friends. We need motivation to start and encouragement to keep it going and support that says we are doing a good job. The CES Pacers and Mentors are the best in the business in keeping a consistent training pace, showing path etiquette and keeping us safe on the popular Chicagoland running paths.
Group Training Dates & Locations
Chicago Endurance Sports Spring Training Program will be available at FOUR Chicago-area Fleet Feet Sports stores. Enjoy the expert knowledge, support and community atmosphere that Fleet Feet Sports is famous for. This also provides you with a warm and dry place to start, store personal gear in a secure location, and a place to meet, talk or go out for brunch or coffee with your running buddies after long runs.
Group training sessions are held twice a week at each location:
- Fleet Feet Sports: Old Town (1706 North Wells Street, Chicago)
- Wednesdays, 6:30PM
- Saturdays**, 7:30AM (run/walk pace group) & 7:50AM (run only pace group)
- Fleet Feet Sports: Lincoln Square (4762 N. Lincoln Avenue, Chicago)
- Thursdays, 6:30PM
- Sundays, 7:30AM
- Fleet Feet Sports: South Loop (150 W. Roosevelt, in the Roosevelt Collection)
- Tuesdays, 6:30PM
- Saturdays, 7:30AM
- Fleet Feet Sports: Elmhurst (124 West Schiller Street)
- Tuesdays, 6:30PM (Half Marathon athletes)
- Wednesdays, 6:30PM (5K & 10K athletes)
- Saturdays, 7:30am (all groups)
**In order to reduce congestion at the start of our group runs on Saturdays at our Old Town location, we will be staggering the start times
Pick the location that works the best for you. If you can't make it to your regular location, you can still join another group at another location.
For a little more detail on what happens at those sessions, read on...
Weekday Workouts (we'll meet at the store, then head out for our run)
These mid-week runs will focus on form, strength and speed. Our coaching staff will be present to help teach, challenge and provide motivation.
Weekend Workouts (we'll meet at the store, then head out for our run)
These workouts are reserved for long, slow distance runs so important to the success of endurance runners. The CES Pacers and Mentors are available to guide you at the appropriate pace. Our coaches also run with you to motivate and help you with any concerns or questions that arise.
Live too far away and can't make it to the group workouts? Schedule conflicts keep you from making any of the group training sessions?
Here's the solution, the Virtual Training option. You'll receive your daily training schedule and coaching support online (via Training Peaks), access to race day amenities, as well as the weekly email newsletter with coaching tips, race updates and more. The virtual program is a unique way to train on your own with virtual support from a helpful team of coaches.
Not only do you get to have a lot of fun, but you also get a ton of great stuff too. Check it out:
- EXCLUSIVE rates on Orange Theory Fitness training sessions!
- Choose from 1/week or 2/week membership options at reduced rates
- Includes FREE Heart Rate Monitor! ($75 value)
- Complimentary Introductory session for all CES Spring Training athletes ($30 value)
- Optional, EXCLUSIVE CES-Only class for athletes that register for one of the OTF membership options ($30 value)
- Four Fleet Feet training locations available
- Friendly support from the staff and a dry place to start/finish the runs, store your gear and hang out with your fellow runners
- New Balance premium item for group training registrants.
- Professional, experienced (and nice) coaches. (More details)
- Detailed, daily training schedule for all levels — delivered via FREE TrainingPeaks account
- Running and run-walk support from the Chicago Endurance Sports Pace Team.(More details)
- Pace leaders and group mentors for various paces and distances.
- Weekly newsletter with tips on training and program updates.
- Q&A at all weekly training sessions with our coaches.
- Coached group training — twice per week.
- Smart ID shoe tag so you are safe on the run.
- Discounts/promotions from our Sponsors/Partners
- Educational seminars & clinics.
If you truly want to reach your goals, you need to do more than just put in the miles. Our expert speakers & coaches will present information/clinics on a variety of topics including:
- Core & Strength Training
- Injury Prevention & Flexibility
- Food as Fuel: Sports Nutrition
- Good Form Running — become a more efficient runner!
- Mental Skills Training
- ...and more!
Click here for more information or to reach out to any of our awesome coaches!
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com or call 866-237-7861 for more information.