Training Programs: Summer 5K and 10K Training
2019 Summer 5K and 10K Training
Join one of our multiple sessions of 8-week training programs for the 5K or 10K distance, designed to teach you how to start, and stick with, a successful running or run/walk program. Take part in our coached, group training sessions, with a complete, daily training plan to follow. You'll meet great people that are on a similar journey, and feel the support and motivation that comes from friends and fellow participants.
No experience necessary. If you're thinking, "I've never run before — is this program for me?", then we want you. If you can walk, you can join our program. If life got so hectic that fitness took a back seat to other circumstances and want to return to a healthy lifestyle, this is a great first step towards not only the old you, but a brand new you. Who says getting started with walking or running as a lifestyle can't be fun? The Chicago Endurance Sports professional coaches will help you run or walk faster and farther, learn and feel better about yourself and get you in fantastic shape. And did we mention it's a ton of fun?
This summer, CES is offering MULTIPLE 5k/10k training sessions to span the summer and include fun, local goal races. Sign up for one, two or all three sessions!
- SESSION 1: May 28 through July 21
- 8-week program, culminating July 20/21 with either the Rock 'n' Roll Chicago (5K or 10K) or the Hemingway 8k in Oak Park.
- SESSION 2: July 23 through September 7
- 8-week program, culminating September 7th at the RunMagMile 5K/10K, in downtown Chicago on the Magnificent Mile.
- SESSION 3: September 10 through November 3
- 8-week program, culminating with either the Frank Lloyd Wright 10K (Oak Park) on October 20th or the Hot Chocolate 5K/15K on November 3rd.
COMBO OFFER: Train with us for TWO or more sessions and Save $
Register for TWO sessions of training and save $30 off your total fees. Register for ALL THREE sessions, and save over $50! This deal is for a limited time only (expires June 15th).
Group Training Dates/LocationsTraining Days/Locations: Choose from FOUR Fleet Feet locations:
- Tuesdays 6:30 p.m. and Saturdays 7:00 a.m
- Fleet Feet Elmhurst, Fleet Feet Old Town or Fleet Feet South Loop
- Wednesdays 6:30 p.m. and Sundays 7:00 a.m
- Fleet Feet Lincoln Square
- Session 1:
- Tuesday, May 28th (Elmhurst, Old Town, South Loop)
- Wednesday, May 29th (Lincoln Square)
- Session 2: Wednesday, July 25th
- Tuesday, July 23rd (Elmhurst, Old Town, South Loop)
- Wednesday, July 24th (Lincoln Square)
- Session 3: Wednesday, July 25th
- Tuesday, September 10th (Elmhurst, Old Town, South Loop)
- Wednesday, September 11th (Lincoln Square)
What To Expect
Tuesdays/Wednesdays — 6:30pm;
(We'll meet at the store, then head out for our run.)
These mid-week runs will focus on learning, improving your efficiency and form, strengthening and speed play. Our coaching staff and mentors will be present to help teach, challenge and motivation you. We'll start each session with a brief educational clinic/session to help you learn what you need for a successful running experience. Then we'll head out for an energizing workout.
Saturdays/Sundays — 7:00am;
(We'll meet at the store, then head out for our run.)
These workouts are reserved for longer, slow distance runs so important to the success of endurance runners. CES Alumni "Mentors" will run with the group to help you learn how to run at an appropriate pace, as well as provide support and motivation from their own personal running experiences. Our coaches also be out on the path, moving from group to group for motivational assistance with any concerns or questions that may arise during the run.
Bonus: Restrooms, changing rooms, secure gear storage and water are available at all of our group training sessions.
Not only do you get to have a great time, but you also get loads of cool stuff too:
- Professional, experienced (and nice) coaches (more details)
- Personalized, daily training schedule for all levels
- Weekly newsletter with tips on training & program updates
- Q & A at all training sessions with our coaches
- Coached group training (twice/week)
- Custom, performance running shirt
- Discounts and promotions from our partners
- Educational seminars & clinics (more info below)
- Exciting team social activities with your fellow participants
- Access to Chicago Endurance Sports alumni pricing for all future programs
SINGLE SESSION (8 weeks)(Does NOT INCLUDE Race Entry)
*DOUBLE COMBO: TWO SESSIONS (16 weeks)(*Available through 6/15/18 - Does NOT INCLUDE Race Entry)
*TRIPLE COMBO: ALL 3 SESSIONS (24 weeks)(*Available through 6/15/18 - Does NOT INCLUDE Race Entry)
Please note: Race entry fees are NOT included in the training program fees, unless otherwise specified.
No refunds will be provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program begins. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Note: We reserve the right to cancel a training location if less than 10 athletes register at that location prior to the start of the season. If we cancel a training location, you will have the option to transfer to another location or receive a full refund.
If you want to attain your goals, you need to do more than put in the miles. Our expert speakers present clinics on a variety of topics including (but not limited to):
- Training Tips
- Running Shoes & Apparel
- Nutrition and Weight Loss
- Core Strength and Flexibility for Runners
- Cross Training for Runners
- Tips for a successful race
- Sport Watch 101
- ...and more!
We're extremely proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff — they go the extra mile to make sure you have a successful training season and attain your goals! Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your running form
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to unforeseen circumstances
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe & effective manner
For more information on our coaches, click here.
Online registration is available at mindbodyonline.com by clicking on the link below:
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com for more information.