Training Programs: Summer 5K and 10K Training: Chicago
Summer 5K and 10K Training: Chicago
Join our 8-week training programs for the 5K or 10K distance, designed to teach you how to start, and stick with, a successful walking or running program. Take part in our coached, group training sessions, with a complete, daily training plan to follow. You'll meet great people that are on a similar journey, and feel the support and motivation that comes from friends and fellow participants. We’re setting a goal of participating in the Run Mag Mile 5K or 10K on September 8th. Racing is NOT required, but highly encouraged to give you a goal and a way to celebrate your accomplishments with your CES family!
No experience necessary. If you're thinking, "I've never run before — is this program for me?", then we want you. If you can walk, you can join our program. If life got so hectic that fitness took a back seat to other circumstances and want to return to a healthy lifestyle, this is a great first step towards not only the old you, but a brand new you. Who says getting started with walking or running as a lifestyle can't be fun? The Chicago Endurance Sports professional coaches will help you run or walk faster and farther, learn and feel better about yourself and get you in fantastic shape. And did we mention it's a ton of fun?
CES 5K/10K training is available at THREE Chicago-area Fleet Feet stores:
- Tuesdays (6:30pm) and Saturdays (7:30am):
- SOUTH LOOP (150 W. Roosevelt Rd., Chicago)
- Wednesdays (6:30pm) and Saturdays (7:30am)
- OLD TOWN (1620 N. Wells St., Chicago)
- Thursdays (6:30pm) and Sundays (7:30am)
- LINCOLN SQUARE (4762 N. Lincoln)
GOAL EVENT: Run Mag Mile 5K or 10K on Saturday, September 8th
Run Chicago’s iconic Magnificent Mile this fall at the only race to exclusively feature one of the city’s main attractions. This scenic course takes participants down Michigan Avenue, passing the Wrigley Building, Tribune Tower, Water Tower Place, John Hancock Center, and Chicago’s most glamorous shops and boutiques. .
FIRST GROUP TRAINING SESSIONS:
Tuesday, July 17th (South Loop)
Wednesday, July 18th (Old Town or Elmhurst)
Thursday, Jly 19th (Lincoln Square)
What To Expect
Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays — 6:30pm;
(We'll meet at the store, then head out for our run.)
These mid-week runs will focus on learning, improving your efficiency and form, strengthening and speed play. Our coaching staff and mentors will be present to help teach, challenge and motivation you. We'll start each session with a brief educational clinic/session to help you learn what you need for a successful running experience. Then we'll head out for an energizing workout.
Saturdays/Sundays — 7:30am;
(We'll meet at the store, then head out for our run.)
These workouts are reserved for longer, slow distance runs so important to the success of endurance runners. CES Alumni "Mentors" will run with the group to help you learn how to run at an appropriate pace, as well as provide support and motivation from their own personal running experiences. Our coaches also be out on the path, moving from group to group for motivational assistance with any concerns or questions that may arise during the run.
Bonus: Restrooms, changing rooms, secure gear storage and water are available at all of our group training sessions.
Not only do you get to have a great time, but you also get loads of cool stuff too:
- Professional, experienced (and nice) coaches (more details)
- Personalized, daily training schedule for all levels
- Weekly newsletter with tips on training & program updates
- Q & A at all training sessions with our coaches
- Coached group training (twice/week)
- Custom, performance running shirt
- Discounts and promotions from our partners
- Educational seminars & clinics (more info below)
- Exciting team social activities with your fellow participants
- Access to Chicago Endurance Sports alumni pricing for all future programs
|Group Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
|5k or 10K Group Training||$119||$139|
Please note: Race entry fees are NOT included in the training program fees, unless otherwise specified.
No refunds will be provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program begins. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Note: We reserve the right to cancel a training location if less than 10 athletes register at that location prior to the start of the season. If we cancel a training location, you will have the option to transfer to another location or receive a full refund.
If you want to attain your goals, you need to do more than put in the miles. Our expert speakers present clinics on a variety of topics including (but not limited to):
- Training Tips
- Running Shoes & Apparel
- Nutrition and Weight Loss
- Core Strength and Flexibility for Runners
- Cross Training for Runners
- Tips for a successful race
- Sport Watch 101
- ...and more!
We're extremely proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff — they go the extra mile to make sure you have a successful training season and attain your goals! Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your running form
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to unforeseen circumstances
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe & effective manner
For more information on our coaches, click here.
Online registration is available at mindbodyonline.com by clicking on the link below:
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com for more information.