Training Programs: Fall 8K Turkey Trot Training: Chicago
Fall 8K Turkey Trot Training: Chicago
Join our 8-week training programs for the 8K distance, designed to teach you how to start, and stick with, a successful walking or running program. Take part in our coached, group training sessions, with a complete, daily training plan to follow. You'll meet great people that are on a similar journey, and feel the support and motivation that comes from friends and fellow participants. We’re setting a goal of participating in your favorite Turkey Trot race, wherever you may be this Thanksgiving holiday. Running in a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day is one of the best family traditions in America - and now you can show up, ready to finish with a huge smile on your face! Racing is NOT required, but highly encouraged to give you a goal and a way to celebrate your accomplishments!
GOAL EVENT: Any Turkey Trot around Thanksgiving Holiday
Run your favorite Turkey Trot this fall - whether it's a 5K, 8K or 10K - this program will get you ready to have a fun time running with your friends & family. And - you'll be one step ahead of that big Thanksgiving meal too! .
No experience necessary. If you're thinking, "I've never run before — is this program for me?", then we want you. If you can walk, you can join our program. If life got so hectic that fitness took a back seat to other circumstances and want to return to a healthy lifestyle, this is a great first step towards not only the old you, but a brand new you. Who says getting started with walking or running as a lifestyle can't be fun? The Chicago Endurance Sports professional coaches will help you run or walk faster and farther, learn and feel better about yourself and get you in fantastic shape. And did we mention it's a ton of fun?
CES Fall 8K training is available at THREE Chicago-area Fleet Feet stores:
- Tuesdays (6:30pm) and Saturdays (7:30am):
- SOUTH LOOP (150 W. Roosevelt Rd., Chicago)
- Wednesdays (6:30pm) and Saturdays (7:30am)
- OLD TOWN (1706 N. Wells St., Chicago)
- Thursdays (6:30pm) and Sundays (7:30am)
- LINCOLN SQUARE (4762 N. Lincoln)
FIRST GROUP TRAINING SESSIONS:
Tuesday, October 2nd (South Loop)
Wednesday, October 3rd (Old Town)
Thursday, October 4th (Lincoln Square)
What To Expect
Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays — 6:30pm;
(We'll meet at the store, then head out for our run.)
These mid-week runs will focus on learning, improving your efficiency and form, strengthening and speed play. Our coaching staff and mentors will be present to help teach, challenge and motivation you. We'll start each session with a brief educational clinic/session to help you learn what you need for a successful running experience. Then we'll head out for an energizing workout.
Saturdays/Sundays — 7:30am;
(We'll meet at the store, then head out for our run.)
These workouts are reserved for longer, slow distance runs so important to the success of endurance runners. CES Alumni "Mentors" will run with the group to help you learn how to run at an appropriate pace, as well as provide support and motivation from their own personal running experiences. Our coaches also be out on the path, moving from group to group for motivational assistance with any concerns or questions that may arise during the run.
Bonus: Restrooms, changing rooms, secure gear storage and water are available at all of our group training sessions.
Not only do you get to have a great time, but you also get loads of cool stuff too:
- Professional, experienced (and nice) coaches (more details)
- Personalized, daily training schedule for all levels
- Weekly newsletter with tips on training & program updates
- Q & A at all training sessions with our coaches
- Coached group training (twice/week)
- Custom, performance running shirt
- Discounts and promotions from our partners
- Educational seminars & clinics (more info below)
- Exciting team social activities with your fellow participants
- Access to Chicago Endurance Sports alumni pricing for all future programs
|Group Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
|8K Group Training||$119||$139|
Please note: Race entry fees are NOT included in the training program fees, unless otherwise specified.
No refunds will be provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program begins. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Note: We reserve the right to cancel a training location if less than 10 athletes register at that location prior to the start of the season. If we cancel a training location, you will have the option to transfer to another location or receive a full refund.
If you want to attain your goals, you need to do more than put in the miles. Our coaches & expert partners will educate you on a variety of topics including (but not limited to):
- Training Tips
- Running Shoes & Apparel
- Nutrition and Weight Loss
- Core Strength and Flexibility for Runners
- Cross Training for Runners
- Tips for a successful race
- Sport Watch 101
- ...and more!
We're extremely proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff — they go the extra mile to make sure you have a successful training season and attain your goals! Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your running form
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to unforeseen circumstances
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe & effective manner
For more information on our coaches, click here.
Online registration is available by clicking on the link below:
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com for more information.