Training Programs :: Chicago Half Marathon Training 2015
Chicago Half Marathon Training 2015
We have created a custom, 12-week program that will prepare you for a fall half marathon, such as the Chicago Half Marathon, no matter what your experience level is. Looking for a PR? Our coaches will challenge you with challenging, effective, smart training! Get motivated, meet some great people, have fun and get in shape all at the same time!
Celebrate the conclusion of the Summer Half Marathon Training in our CES/Fleet Feet Sports Hospitality Tent at our goal Half Marathon race — The Chicago Half Marathon — private gear check, and pre race snacks & post race beverages — and much more! All of this is included if you are a CES participant!
Training Days and Locations
The Fall Half Marathon Training program is only available out of the Fleet Feet Sports — Old Town location. This gives us a WARM, DRY place to start, a safe place for your personals, and a fun place to have coffee or breakfast with your running buddies after the long runs!
Group training sessions are held twice/week at Old Town:
Fleet Feet Sports — Old Town (1620 N. Wells Street, Chicago)
- Wednesday, 6:30pm
- Saturday, 6:00am (run/walk), 6:30am (run)
Train for ANY Fall Half Marathon:
Not planning to run Chicago? The CES coaches will modify your training schedule to fit another fall half marathon within a week or two of the Chicago Half. You can still do your long runs with the group. You don't have to do it alone!
Registration fills up fast, so join today!
Follow the links below to find out about this innovative, fun, successful program!
- Limited Space Available
- FREE Open House
- CES Fall Half Marathon Training New Member Orientation
- Program Benefits
- Group Sessions
- Clinics & Seminars
- Coaching Staff
- Virtual Training Option
- How to Register
- Charity Partners
In order to maintain the high quality that CES is known for (and which participants expect of CES), this program has a limited number of registrations available. This popular program will likely SELL OUT — don't miss your chance — register today!
FREE Open House
Come to our FREE Open House and hear from our coaches, sponsors and meet your fellow teammates. For those people that have already registered for training (or register onsite), you will also be able to pick up your team shirt, emergency shoe tag ID and some sample from our partners at Clif Bar. You're more than welcome to bring a friend that might be interested in learning more about the program too! Registration will be available onsite after the presentation. The Open House is free to those who RSVP.
Friday, July 10th
6-8pm Fleet Feet Sports, Old Town (1620 N. Wells Street)
- 6:00-6:30pm — Arrival, meet and mingle with coaching staff, pacers and fellow runners. Packet Pickup for registered participants.
- 6:30-7:00pm — Presentation about the CES Chicago Half Marathon Training Program.
- 7:00-8:00pm — Q & A with CES staff, Program Registration, Packet Pickup for registered participants
CES Fall Half Marathon Training New Member Orientation
CES will present all of the information and inspiration a new member needs after our first workout on July 11th. The program will explain TrainingPeaks, our coaching philosophies, how to contact coaches, and the common habits of our most successful participants.
Not only do you get to have a lot of fun, but you also get a ton of great stuff too! Check it out:
- Professional, experienced (and nice!) coaches (more details)
- Personalized, daily training schedule for all levels — delivered via FREE Training Peaks account
- Performance running singlet from Nike to the first 500 registrants
- Running and Run-Walk training programs and pace groups (more details)
- Weekly newsletter with tips on training & program updates
- Weekly tips for training & Q & A at all training sessions with our coaches
- Coached group training—2X per week
- Wednesday 6:30pm
- Saturdays — In order to reduce congestion at the start of our group runs on Saturdays, we will be staggering the start times:
- Run/Walkers will start at 6:00am
- Runners will start at 6:30am
- Pace Leaders for multiple paces and distances
- Post-workout stretching with pacers & coaches
- Fun socials and parties with your teammates throughout the season
- CES & Fleet Feet Sports race day Hospitality Tent
- INCLUDED in your registration
- Private Gear Check
- Post Race Food
- Post Race beverages
- Friends & Family access
- A light breakfast before the run and a place for your friends and family to reunite with you after the race
- Restrooms, changing rooms, secure gear storage and water are available at all of our group training sessions!
- Smart ID shoe tag for emergency info
- Sponsor Benefits:
Discounts/promotions from our partners:
- Educational seminars & clinics (more info below)
- and much more!
*In order to reduce congestion at the start of our group runs on Saturdays at Old Town, we will be staggering the start times:
- Run/Walkers will start at 6:00am
- Runners will start at 6:30am
FIRST GROUP TRAINING SESSION
Old Town: Saturday, July 11th, 2015
For a little more detail on what happens at those sessions, read on...
Mid-Week Group Sessions — we'll meet at the store, then head out for our run
The focus of these mid-week runs will be on form, strength and speed. Our coaching staff will be on hand to help teach, challenge and motivate you!
Saturdays — we'll meet at the store, then head out for our run
These days are reserved for the long, slow distance runs that are so important to the success of endurance runners. Pace Leaders are available to guide you at the appropriate pace. Our coaches will also run with you to motivate you and help with any concerns or questions that come up along the way.
BONUS: Restrooms, changing rooms, secure gear storage and water are available at all of our group training sessions!
We have pace leaders for many levels of Run and Run-Walkers:
- Groups from 8:00/8:30 to 11:30 minutes per mile, in 30-second increments (i.e. 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, etc.)
Note: If you are interested in becoming a pacer, or know of someone who might be interested, please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
If you truly want to reach your goals, you need to do more than just put in the miles! Our expert speakers will present clinics on a variety of topics including:
- Good Form Running — become a faster, more efficient runner — with less effort!
- Benefits of Yoga for Runners
- Tools & Gadgets for Endurance Runners (GPS, Heart Rate monitors, iPhone apps, etc.)
- Tricks for Speedy Long Run Recovery
- Core & Strength Training
- Injury Prevention & Flexibility
- Food as Fuel: Sports Nutrition
- Mental Skills Training
- Comprehensive Race Prep
We're extremely proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff—they always go the extra mile to make sure you have a fun, successful training season! Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your running form
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to travel or life in general
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe & effective manner
Click here for more information or to reach out to any of our awesome coaches!
Do you live too far away and can't make it to the group workouts? Can't make it to any of the Group training sessions because of conflicts?
No problem! Try our Virtual Training option and you'll receive your daily training schedule and coaching support online (via Training Peaks), access to race day hospitality tent, as well as the weekly email newsletter with coaching tips, race updates and more. The virtual program is a great way to train on your own with virtual support from a helpful team of coaches.
Online registration is available at mindbodyonline.com by clicking on the link below:
|Group Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
|Virtual Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
New CES'ers, good news! Once you participate in ANY CES program, you are a CES alumni for life and will save $$ on future programs!
No refunds will be provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program begins. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com or call 866-237-7861 for more information.