Training Programs :: Winter Warriors
The CES Winter Warriors Half Marathon & 10K Training Program 2019/2020
Need a GOAL this winter? Join us and become a Winter Warrior!
The end of summer doesn't have to mean the end of running. If you've been training all summer & fall, chances are you're in the best shape you've been in all season. DON'T STOP NOW - JOIN US!
Train in Chicago - celebrate in Bermuda!
Even if you haven't been running, no worries, this is the perfect way to get 2020 off to a fit start. The CES Winter Warriors Training Program will help maintain or improve your fitness — especially during the "challenging" holiday season. Oh, and let's not forget to mention the most important thing: It's a lot of fun! Join our program, and prepare for a Half Marathon or 10K (or simply maintain your fitness over the winter), all while enjoying the company and support of your fellow Winter Warriors!
Start WARM, Finish WARM!
Winter Warriors starts and finishes at Fleet Feet Sports — a WARM, DRY place to start, pickup last minute gear or nutrition needs, a safe place for your personals, and a fun place to finish and stretch with your running buddies after the long runs.
It Wouldn't Be Winter Warriors Without Our Famous Hoodie!
Don't miss out on this awesome hoodie from Mizuno - sizes/quantities are limited, so register today!
Celebrate your Winter Fitness at One (or more) of The Following Goal Races:
After successfully training through the winter, there's nothing better than celebrating your commitment together at one of the following, premier events:
- Bermuda Triangle Challenge (1/19/20) — our OFFICIAL CES destination for 2020 — great weather, great friends and great running! You can choose from multiple race distances, including 10K, Half & Full Marathon. Or, if you REALLY want a challenge, you can register for the “Bermuda Triangle Challenge”, which includes a 1-mile race on Friday night, 10K on Saturday morning and Half or full marathon on Sunday morning! See below for some of the AMAZING benefits of training AND traveling with CES!
- F^3 Lake Half Marathon & 5K (1/25/20) — stay local and enjoy an awesome race on the lakefront!
EXCLUSIVE BERMUDA DESTINATION
Only Available to CES Winter Warriors Members
- Arrival airport transfer to the hotel
- Three or Four nights at the Hamilton Princess Fairmont, including all taxes and resort fees
- Welcome Reception (Thursday)
- Breakfast daily
- Pre-race dinner onsite at hotel (Saturday)
- Post-Race Team Celebration (includes first drink and light appetizers)
- Departure airport transfers
- CES “Limited Edition” Bermuda race shirt/singlet
- Memories for a lifetime - PRICELESS!
- Four Nights (Jan 16-20): Twin/Double: $ 869/person | Single: $ 1437/person | Child: $ 399
- Three Nights (Jan 17-20): Twin/Double: $ 735/person | Single: $ 1169/person | Child: $ 359
NOTE: This package does NOT include airfare. We HIGHLY recommend booking your airfare as soon as possible, to get the best rates.
|Group Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
|Half Marathon or 10K (12-weeks)||$179||$199|
|Virtual Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
|Half Marathon or 10K (12-weeks)||$84||$94|
Please note: Race entry fees are NOT included in the training program fees, unless otherwise specified.
NO REFUNDS will be provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program begins. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
FOUR, Fun Locations to Choose From!
The Winter Warriors program is available at FOUR Chicago-area Fleet Feet Sports stores! Group training sessions are held twice/week at each location:
- Tuesdays & Saturdays at the South Loop location (150 W Roosevelt, Roosevelt Collection)
- Tuesdays & Saturdays at the Elmhurst location (124 N. Schiller St., Elmhurst, IL)
- Wednesdays & Saturdays at the Old Town location (1706 N. Wells St) OR
- Thursdays & Sundays at the Lincoln Square location (4762 N. Lincoln)
You get to pick the location that works the best for you! This also means that if you can't make it to your regular location, you can still join the gang at the other store! Everybody wins!
FIRST GROUP TRAINING SESSIONS:
- ALL Half Marathon & 10K Athletes: 7:30am, Saturday, November 2nd
- South Loop:
- ALL Half Marathon & 10K Athletes: 7:30am, Saturday, November 2nd
- Old Town:
- Saturday, November 2nd
- 7:30am for Half Marathon Run/Walk & 10K Athletes
- 7:50am for Half Marathon Continuous Run Athletes
- Lincoln Square:
- ALL Half Marathon & 10K Athletes: 7:30am, Sunday, November 3rd
For a little more detail on what happens at those sessions, read on...
Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays — 6:30pm at Fleet Feet Sports (we'll meet at the store, then head out for our run)
The focus of these mid-week runs will be on form, strength & speed. Our coaching staff will be on hand to help teach, challenge and motivate you!
Saturdays/Sundays — 7:30am and 7:50am* at Fleet Feet Sports (we'll meet at the store, then head out for the run)
These days are reserved for the long, slow distance runs that are so important to the success of endurance runners. Pace Leaders are available to guide you at the appropriate pace. Our coaches will also run with you to motivate you and help with any concerns or questions that come up along the way.
*To better manage the congestion of our weekend group runs out of Old Town only we have a separate start time for the Half Marathon Run/Walk & 10K program (7:30am) and the Half Marathon Continuous Run program (7:50am). All other locations have a start time of 7:30am for ALL athletes.
BONUS: Restrooms, changing rooms, secure gear storage and water are available at all of our group training sessions!
Limited Space Available
In order to maintain the high quality that CES is known for (and which participants expect of CES), this program has limited space available. This program will sell out, so sign up today! Participants in our GROUP training program will receive one of our famous, custom, Winter Warriors hoodies! Sizes will be given out on a first come first serve basis, so pick up yours as soon as possible. We will not hold onto or reserve a size. The WW hoodie is available for Group Training participants only — register today!
Virtual Training Option
Do you live too far away? Can't make it to any of the Group training sessions because of conflicts? Try our Virtual Training option! You'll receive your schedule online as well as a weekly email update with coaching tips, race updates and more. Most importantly, you'll have email access to our Virtual Team coaching staff, to help you through the season's ups and downs, answer your questions and provide motivation.
In order to keep the fees as low as possible, we do NOT include the Winter Warriors apparel incentive in the fees for the Virtual Training option.
Not only do you get to have a lot of fun, but you also get a ton of great stuff too! Check it out:
- 12 weeks of wonderful half marathon winter training to keep you motivated through the holidays and in shape into the spring
- A warm, dry place to start and finish the runs, store your personals and go for coffee!
- Professional, experienced (and nice!) coaches (more details)
- Coached group training — 2X per week
- Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday 6:30pm
- Saturday or Sunday 7:30am and 7:50am*
- (more details)
- Detailed, daily training schedule for all levels — delivered via FREE Training Peaks account
- Running AND Run-Walk training programs are available at ALL locations, led by the experienced CES Pace Team
- Half Marathon Pace Leaders for paces ranging from 8:00 minute per mile through 13:30 pace (availability differs at each location).
- 10K athletes will be led by experienced Mentors & Coaches
- Post-workout flexibility sessions with pacers & coaches
- Weekly newsletter with tips on training & program updates
- Weekly tips for training & Q & A at all training sessions with our coaches
- Custom, Winter Warriors hoodie from Mizuno! (Sizes distributed on a first come first served basis to Group Training Members only)
- Smart ID shoe tag — run safely!
- Discounts/promotions from our partners & sponsors
- Educational seminars & clinics (more info below)
- Fun, team social activities:
- "CES Holiday Run", a fun group run, with prizes, yummy treats and more!
- and much more!
*To better manage the congestion of our weekend group runs out of Old Town only we have a separate start time for the Run/Walk & 10K program — 7:30am and the Continuous Run program 7:50am. All other locations have a start time of 7:30am.
Clinics & Seminars
If you truly want to reach your goals, you need to do more than just put in the miles! Our expert speakers & Coaches will present clinics on a variety of topics including:
- Cross Training
- Core & Strength Training
- Dress for Success — How to dress for cold weather running
- Injury Prevention & Flexibility
- Food as Fuel: Sports Nutrition
- Comprehensive Race Prep
- And More...
Our Coaching Staff
We're extremely proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff — they always go the extra mile to make sure you have a fun, successful training season! Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your running form
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to travel or life in general
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe & effective manner
Click here for more information on our awesome coaches!
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com or call 866-237-7861 for more information.