Training Programs : Marathon Training: 2019
I had no idea I was also signing up for a family!"
Registration fills up fast, so join today.
The marathon. It's a defining moment in the life of anyone who has ever completed one. Now, you can train with us to be part of one of the greatest events in the world. Not racing in Chicago? You can train with us for other nearby marathons, too.
We have created a custom, 19-week training program that will prepare you for the race, no matter what your experience level is. Looking for a PR? Our coaches will challenge you with a challenging, effective, smart training program to help you record a personal best at this year's marathon. Get motivated, meet some great people, have fun and get in shape all at the same time.
The Summer Marathon Training program will be available at four of the Chicago-area Fleet Feet Sports stores. Pick the locations that works best for you. Each one provides a welcoming, central location to start and end the workout, a secure place for your personal gear and to meet up with your training companions after the long runs for coffee or breakfast. If you can't make it to your regular location, you can still join the gang at the other location.
Group training sessions are held twice weekly at each location:
- Fleet Feet Sports: Old Town (1706 N. Wells Street, Chicago)
- Wednesday, 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 6:00 a.m. (run/walk pace groups) & 6:30 a.m. (run only pace groups)
- Fleet Feet Sports: Lincoln Square (4762 N. Lincoln Avenue, Chicago)
- Thursday, 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, 6:30 a.m.
- Fleet Feet Sports: South Loop (150 W. Roosevelt, Chicago. In the Roosevelt Collection)
- Tuesday, 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 6:30 a.m.
- Fleet Feet Sports: Elmhurst (124 West Schiller Street, Elmhurst)
- Tuesday, 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 6:30 a.m.
In order to maintain the high quality that CES is known for (and which participants expect of CES), this program has a limited number of registrations available. This popular program will likely SELL OUT — don't miss your chance — register today!
First Group Training Session Dates:
Chicago Endurance Sports will present all of the information and inspiration a new member needs after our first workouts on June 8th and 9th. The program will explain TrainingPeaks, our coaching philosophies, how to contact coaches and the common habits of our most successful participants.
- Old Town, Elmhurst & South Loop: Saturday, June 8th
- Lincoln Square: Sunday, June 9th
Weekday workout: We'll meet at the store, then head out for our run
These mid-week runs focus on form, strength and speed. Our coaching staff will be present to help teach, challenge and motivate you.
WEDNESDAY AM WORKOUT OPTION AVAILABLE: Can't make it to your night workout? We also have a morning group training option on Wednesday's at 6:00 a.m. starting on June 20th that meets at the Montrose/Wilson lakefront track (see map)
Weekend workout: We'll meet at the store, then head out for our run
These workouts are reserved for the long, slow distance runs so important to the success of endurance runners. Pace Leaders or Mentors will guide you at the appropriate pace and Chicago Endurance Sports coaches will accompany you to motivate and respond to any concerns or questions that arise along the way.
Not only do you get to have a lot of fun, but you also get a ton of great stuff too. Check it out:
- Four Fleet Feet Sports training locations available
- The Chicago Endurance Sports Long Run: A fully supported 20-mile long run (like the rest of our long runs, only way better)
- Race Day Resort: The PREMIER race day accommodations for marathon day
- Professional, experienced (and nice!) coaches (more details)
- Personalized, daily training schedule for all levels — delivered via FREE TrainingPeaks account
- Performance running singlet to the first 1000 registrants
- Running and Run-Walk training programs and pace groups (more details)
- Weekly newsletter with tips on training and program updates
- Weekly Q & A with our coaches on training at all workout sessions
- Coached group training — twice a week
- Pace Leaders for multiple paces and distances
- Post-workout stretching with pacers & coaches
- Restrooms, changing rooms, secure gear storage and water are available at all of our group training sessions!
- Smart ID shoe tag for emergency info
- Discounts/promotions from our Sponsors/Partners
- Educational seminars & clinics (more info below)
- and much more!
|CES Alumni||New Members|
|Group Training Program*||$232||$257|
*Limited to maximum of 700 participants.
|Virtual Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
|Training PLUS "The Long Run" and "Race Day Resort"||$141||$151|
|Training ONLY (does NOT include "The Long Run" or "Race Day Resort")||$101||$111|
Sometimes we need a little help from our friends. We need motivation to start and encouragement to keep it going and support that says we are doing a good job. Our Chicago Endurance Sports Pacers and Mentors are the best in the business in keeping a consistent training pace, showing path etiquette and keeping us safe on the popular Chicagoland running paths no matter your pace or experience level.
- Groups from 7:30 to 11:30 minutes per mile, in 30-second increments (i.e. 7:30, 8:00, 8:30, etc.)
Run/Walk Paces (Run/Walk pace groups available at ALL locations)
- 8 Minute Run With 1 Minute Walk Interval (8/1)
- 10:30 minute/mile
- 5 Minute Run With 1 Minute Walk Interval (5/1)
- 3 Minute Run With 2 Minute Walk Interval (3/2 progresses to 4/2)
Note: If you are interested in becoming a pacer, or know of someone who might be interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
We're extremely proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff — they always go the extra mile to make sure you have a fun, successful training season! Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your running form
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to travel or unforeseen circumstances
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe & effective manner
Click here for more information or to reach out to any of our awesome coaches!
Charity Partners: Training For A Cause
Are you looking to make your marathon even more meaningful? Running for a charity can give your training more purpose and meaning, while helping bring attention and support to a cause that is personal to you. Chicago Endurance Sports is proud to partner with a wide variety of wonderful charities that have guaranteed registrations to The Bank of America Chicago Marathon. And, as a thank you for helping raise important funds, most of these charities will also cover your registration fee for the Chicago Endurance Sports Summer Marathon Training program. In 2018 alone, CES helped offset over $50,000 worth of training fees, in order to help our charity partners give more to their cause.Visit our Charity Partners page and consider joining one of these outstanding organizations.
The Long Run: Chicago Endurance Sports 20 Mile Training Run
Saturday, September 21 — Finish your training for the marathon in style with "The Long Run" — a fully supported 20-mile group long run. Take advantage of the assistance of pacers, refuel and re-energize at the aid stations stocked with water and Gatorade Endurance every few miles, enjoy the support and motivation of the coaches and relax after this "dress rehearsal" for your effort with post-run stretching and massage from Athletico and food and beverages to jump start your recovery.
NOTE: Entry to "The Long Run" is strictly limited to registered CES training members and our special, invited guests (Fleet Feet Racing Team, Charity Partner Guests, etc.)..
Race Day Resort
Experience what sets the Chicago Endurance Sports Marathon Training Program above the rest when you celebrate the conclusion of your satisfying journey in style at our Exclusive Pre/Post Race Day Resort, only steps away from the Start and Finish of the Marathon. Take advantage of private gear check and indoor bathrooms, replenish all of those burned calories after your effort and get your recovery started at the outstanding food buffet, luxuriate with a rewarding post-race massage & stretching from Athletico physical therapists, free medal engraving and much more. (Friends and family can join in the festivities, enjoy a light breakfast/lunch and watch the race on TV at the resort for an optional fee.) All of these fantastic amenities are included in your registration fee, but ONLY if you are a registered CES GROUP participant (Virtual Training participants may purchase access separately.)
- Secure Gear Check
- Dry, Indoor area to warm up prior to event in case of inclement weather
- Indoor Restrooms
- A quarter mile from the start and finish
- Post Race buffet to start your recovery off right
- Open Bar
- Post Race massage, stretch and support from AthletiCo
- FREE medal engraving
- Official Finisher's Gear available for purchase
- Friends & Family access available (additional fee required, limited tickets available)
- A light breakfast before the start and a place for friends and family to wait for you to finish.
- Big Screen TV and live streaming of the marathon
- (Entrance to CES Race Day Resort will be strictly enforced and will require either a sticker for CES participants or a bracelet for family or friends.)
FREE Training Peaks Online Training Schedule & Log
Your daily training schedules will be delivered via Training Peaks — the leading Interactive web based training and nutrition log to help you achieve your goals. Log training & meals, track daily metrics (weight, sleep, etc.), upload workouts from your training devices (80+ devices supported, GPS, HR monitors, etc.), FREE iPhone app and mobile site available and MUCH more!
To reach your goals, you need to do more than simply put in the miles. Our Coaches and expert speakers present information & clinics on a variety of topics including:
- Good Form Running — become a faster, more efficient runner — with less effort!
- Tools & Gadgets for Endurance Runners (GPS, Heart Rate monitors, iPhone apps, etc.)
- Helpful Recovery tools & techniques
- Core & Strength Training
- Injury Prevention & Flexibility
- Food as Fuel: Sports Nutrition
- Mental Skills Training
- Comprehensive Race Prep
Live too far away and can't make it to the group workouts? Schedule conflicts keep you from making any of the group training sessions?
Here's the solution, the Virtual Training option. You'll receive your daily training schedule and coaching support online (via Training Peaks), access to race day amenities, as well as the weekly email newsletter with coaching tips, race updates and more. The virtual program is a unique way to train on your own with virtual support from a helpful team of coaches.
- CES Team Shirt is included with registration (*shipping not included)
- Virtual training athletes can purchase access to "The Long Run" ($10) and "Race Day Resort" ($30) for an additional fee.
Online registration is available at mindbodyonline.com by clicking on the link below:
Refund PolicyNo refunds will be provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program begins. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com for more information.
Chicago Endurance Sports shaved 1 hour off Kerri Maess' marathon time. What can Chicago Endurance Sports do for you?